Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Die Is Cast

I have made my decision on Graduate School, and it is different than what I have been telling pretty much everyone.

A week ago I was accepted to Ohio University and a few days later they offered me a teaching assistant position (free tuition, below-poverty-level stipend). Today I accepted that offer. OU has a much more reputable program and they have more faculty whose interests correspond to mine. Still it was a tough choice to make -- I was pretty much set on Miami because I didn't think I would get money from anywhere else.

Anyway, now begins a bunch of bullshit that comes with launching myself back into institutionalized education. Also trying to find a place to live (OU is in Athens, Ohio).

I needed to get that out there. Sorry the posts have been a little "blah" lately. I'll get back to fun stories here pretty soon. I've been thinking about a new one on life in the Hilltop, which is sure to be as interesting as, well, life in the Hilltop.

No comments:

Post a Comment